Monday, 23 May 2016

Owls, Bunnies, Monkeys & Chickens


These are a few of the toys I've been making over the past couple of months.

My favorite has to be the owl. I think it turned out well and looks really cute.

The Owl is a new pattern that I got from a magazine called "Amigurumi". It has since gone out of print which is a real shame because it was quite a good publication. I managed to purchase the first 3 volumes but haven't seen it for sale since. I actually think it was one of the better publications compared to some of the others that are around at the moment.

I buy a lot of crochet and knitting magazines but what I am discovering is that a lot of them are owned by the same publisher and so they tend to print the same patterns across the different magazines which can be a bit annoying especially when you end up with the same pattern from 3 different magazines.

The bunnies and the chicken are patterns that I bought from Ebay years ago. At the time they were the original pages of the patterns but now it seems that everyone sells copies of these patterns which must be very frustrating for the original pattern writer.

One of my favourite things to make is the Pineapple teacosy.  I think it is the funnies thing I have ever seen ... I mean ... why would you want a teacosy shaped like a pineapple??? ... hahaha but people do, even I have kept one for myself, and I used it every time I make a cuppa. I love it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Knitted Bunnies Crochet bunnies

Getting ready for another Bathurst Show. Its been 21 years since I last entered.  I was going to enter some of these bunnies but they ha...