Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Springtime - Carrots, Onions and Blanky Making

Finally managed to drag my sorry bones out of the house and into the back yard ... the carrots won't plant themselves so made another cuppa and thought about it for a while .... ahhh the serenity .. anyhoo first things first, I still had 3 containers of onions to finish planting and then next job start on the 4 packets of carrots. 

This first photo shows the remaining onion seedlings and the following photo shows the carrot bed planted out with carrot seeds. The carrots seeds are covered in a bit of potting mix to help germination.








The other thing that has been happening in the garden is the fruit trees. They are covered in blossoms ... this is a link to my GROW YOUR OWN FOOD garden page if you want to know a bit more about that .

I've also been spending a bit of time working on my blanket, its still in pieces and quite a bit of work to be done but I'm liking what I am seeing .. .sorry about the photo, it doesn't due justice to the blanket, looks heaps better in real life ..... this blanky is just a proto type to see how well it comes together so only small, will end up being 5 panels wide and 5 long , I'm thinking pet blanket at the moment but am seriously thinking of making a larger one. I love blankies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Knitted Bunnies Crochet bunnies

Getting ready for another Bathurst Show. Its been 21 years since I last entered.  I was going to enter some of these bunnies but they ha...